• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? tx
hopefully i wont take up too much of your time and someone can give me some advice. my dad recieved a letter from the tax lawyers here in tom green county stating he was listed as a defendant in a court case. his 2 sisters, one brother,and unknbown heirs of 2 deaced persons(no will left). the taxes havent been paid on 10 acres since 2004. they are asking that the taxes be paid**************. parties sign away interest in the land**************and/or for info on unknown heirs of the deceased. all the living siblngs have gone to the tax office and signed off except my dad. why????? we have interest in buying the land. the questions i have are: how can we go about getting a clear title? is that possible? has anyone gone throught this before?

seniorjudge

Q: how can we go about getting a clear title?

A: He will have to pay the back taxes and he can bid on the land at the sale held on the courthouse steps.

(I am not sure I understood your questions; if I didn't answer them, rephrase them. And don't use * or 15 ?s.)

sorry abou the . and ?
how can we go about this WITHOUT the land going up for bid if we do that we chance that we will loose at the bid and loose the unpaid tax monies

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">