• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreasonable Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JFJ

My name is Joan and I live in Hamilton, Ohio. I rent half of a duplex with my two teenage sons. The L didn't tell me that the neighbors on the other side expect us to be quiet at 7:30 p.m. in the evening, or that they don't like kids coming over to see my boys. They have told him all kinds of things and now he wants me to move out in 2 weeks. He hasn't even called to discuss this, he just left an eviction notice he made up in my car. We aren't making noise other than low playing TV's and walking around in the house itself. As far as the kids, they are in my half of the house and they keep quiet. What should I do to defend myself against this?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFJ:
My name is Joan and I live in Hamilton, Ohio. I rent half of a duplex with my two teenage sons. The L didn't tell me that the neighbors on the other side expect us to be quiet at 7:30 p.m. in the evening, or that they don't like kids coming over to see my boys. They have told him all kinds of things and now he wants me to move out in 2 weeks. He hasn't even called to discuss this, he just left an eviction notice he made up in my car. We aren't making noise other than low playing TV's and walking around in the house itself. As far as the kids, they are in my half of the house and they keep quiet. What should I do to defend myself against this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a fixed lease or are you a m/m tenant? In any case, L did not give proper notice so you do not have to be out in 2 weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">