• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah Property Quit Claim question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJTaylor

Utah Land

I purchased 10 acres of land in Utah (near Roosevelt) in 1979 on a real estate contract from a Utah land corporation. It was paid off in 1987.

I recently tried to sell it but found out that the name of a deceased relative of the original seller is still on the title.

My question is this, can the executor of the deceased person's estate simply sign a quit claim deed so I will have clear title?

If the executor is also deceased, can anyone else sign or is there a better solution entirely that I am unaware of?

The land is only worth about $3,500 so I cannot spend a lot of money getting this done. Also, I am in another state.

Thank you,
DJTaylorWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

Utah Land

I purchased 10 acres of land in Utah (near Roosevelt) in 1979 on a real estate contract from a Utah land corporation. It was paid off in 1987.

I recently tried to sell it but found out that the name of a deceased relative of the original seller is still on the title.

My question is this, can the executor of the deceased person's estate simply sign a quit claim deed so I will have clear title?

If the executor is also deceased, can anyone else sign or is there a better solution entirely that I am unaware of?

The land is only worth about $3,500 so I cannot spend a lot of money getting this done. Also, I am in another state.

Thank you,
DJTaylorWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: then spend a little money getting it done. See a RE attorney.

DJTaylor

Getting "it" done? What is "it" specifically?

Did you read the question?

If a quit claim will work in this situation, I have no problem paying someone to do it, hence the question.

HomeGuru

Getting "it" done? What is "it" specifically?

Did you read the question?

If a quit claim will work in this situation, I have no problem paying someone to do it, hence the question.
**A: then hire an attorney to get "it" done. The attorney will tell you what "it" is. It is a lot.

signed,

Cousin It

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">