• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utility easments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

explorerfl

What is the name of your state? Florida

Verizon is installing FIOS in my area. They contracted with Unitek Advanced Communications to lay the cable. UAC has said they always send a restoration crew after the work is done to repair damaged areas. My fear is that all they will send is more can't-speak-english folks who will just drop sod on the area and leave. I'm also concerned about my 15 year old shrubs. The trenches they dug cut through many root systems and I fear the shrubs will go into shock and die. They also left the work areas in such a condition that someone can easily fall and get hurt due to the ridges and valleys they left. What is the extent of their liability? If I'm not satisfied with their solution, can I have the damages repaired and sue? Or, is Verizon and their contractors shielded from suits of this nature?What is the name of your state?

divgradcurl

My fear is that
Maybe you should wait and see how things turn out before you start to plan to file a lawsuit...

The trenches they dug cut through many root systems and I fear the shrubs will go into shock and die.
Again, wait and see what happens. You can't be compensated for what might happen. Further, if they were digging in the easement, their liability for damage that occurs from their work inside the boundaries of the easement is very likely limited.

If I'm not satisfied with their solution
Again, your concern is premature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">