• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacant land sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Thomas Cook, Sr

What is the name of your state? wisconsin
i have a potential buyer for my hunting property. he is selling a condo or duplex to raise the money. he stated that the land must be "vacant" to comply with the transfer requirements under a
"striker"(??) agreement. what is a striker agreement or where can i find out what it is and what the legal requirements are to qualify for it in this sale/purchase? my concern is that i have an old house trailer on the property as a hunting shack. it has no water/sewar/electricity etc. can the land still qualify as vacant or mudt i remove it?

Tom

HomeGuru

Isn't that an agreement that soccer pros sign?
It appears that the writer may be hinting of an IRS case.

Souix

Thomas Cook said:
What is the name of your state? wisconsin
i have a potential buyer for my hunting property. he is selling a condo or duplex to raise the money. he stated that the land must be "vacant" to comply with the transfer requirements under a
"striker"(??) agreement. what is a striker agreement or where can i find out what it is and what the legal requirements are to qualify for it in this sale/purchase? my concern is that i have an old house trailer on the property as a hunting shack. it has no water/sewar/electricity etc. can the land still qualify as vacant or mudt i remove it?

Tom

**I tried doing a search for "striker agreement" but I couldn't find anything except for striking workers and stuff like that. I wonder, though, is this buyer doing a 1031 tax free exchange? If so, then that could be what he is referring to and you will have to remove the shack so it can qualify for vacant land. I know I have heard of Striker Agreement or Law somewhere but I can't recall where. I'm intrigued, though, I'll do some more searching.:) **

Souix

OK I think I know. Striker is the name of the guy who started the commotion over the 1031 Tax Free Exchanges right? If so, your buyer wants to do a 1031 Tax Free Exchange. Call your local title company and get advice on this procedure.

Thanks HomeGuru for jogging my memory:D

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Souix said:
OK I think I know. Striker is the name of the guy who started the commotion over the 1031 Tax Free Exchanges right? If so, your buyer wants to do a 1031 Tax Free Exchange. Call your local title company and get advice on this procedure.
**A: me thinks you're close. Maybe even hot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">