• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacant lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rltony

What is the name of your state? NYS

I am purchasing a home in staten island and there is a vacant lot behind my property. The lot is not maintained and needs to be, I have the owners name and phone. Do they have to legally maintain the area and what are my rights as a neighbor?

FarmerJ

Are there weed control ordinances ? most people who live in urban area or a city of some sort have to keep weeds under control or mow . Or risk it being done for them by a city crew at a Fee that is very high wich is added to property taxes.

HomeGuru

rltony said:
What is the name of your state? NYS

I am purchasing a home in staten island and there is a vacant lot behind my property. The lot is not maintained and needs to be, I have the owners name and phone. Do they have to legally maintain the area and what are my rights as a neighbor?
**A: file complaints with your local building, zoning and health departments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">