• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacant lot next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dankadoo

What is the name of your state? Georgia

We live in a small cul-de-sac and we are the center lot. (pie shaped). The lot on the left hand side of us is vacant, but is owned by a lady (?) in the adjoining cul-de-sac. She decided to put it up for sale so she had it surveyed and put metal stakes on the property line and attached bright pink ribbon to it. Since these lots are pie shaped, this hot pink ribbon ran right through our newly landscaped front yard. We were obviously upset about this, but that's not the worst of it.

On Mother's Day, we had a family reunion and cars parked in the cul-de-sac, and consequently parked in front of her lot, and her sign. The next day, she and her husband came and nailed 2 (two) very large BRIGHT YELLOW (hillbilly) signs up high on a pine tree that said "For Sale" with the phone #. This is the most ungodly sight you have ever seen, and it's on the closest tree to the properly line, therefore, almost directly in our front yard.

She is asking about 3 times what the lot is worth (48,000), so we know she's not serious about selling the lot. She's just being mean. She will leave the sign up there for eternity.

It is an older subdivision, so there are no covenents. I have contacted the city commissions, the city marshall, and real estate attorneys in my area, but no one could give me any good advice.

Am I going to have to look at this sign till either I die, she dies, or the lot sells?

Do I have any options at all?

Q

qdaemon

Read the neighbor from hell thread. If this is the worst thing that happens consider yourself lucky.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">