• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacant Lot next to my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dongil

I live in Georgia in a well established neighborhood. There is a vacant log next to my house, and like most vacant lots in GA it is covered in Kudzu during the spring and summer, and decaying vines in the winter. I have recently placed my house up for sale, and now have a rat problem due to the cold weather we have experienced here in GA. I had to call an exterminator and he assured me that the rats are coming from the vacant lot. The owner of the lot doesn't live in GA, and during the summer the Kudzu grows onto my property. I have placed a complaint with the Health Department but have not received a call back. I really believe that this property is decreasing my property value, is there anything that I can do to the owner to make him clean up the lot?

HomeGuru

Keep calling the Dept of Health, send letters to them, set up an appointment and meet one of their inspectors at thte property.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">