• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

valid title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

urkya240

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. I recently purchased a home land contract. We have owned the home since may of this year. We applied for a home equity loan. When they did the title search, we have been told that our title is not valid due to the previous 2 owners not registering at the recorders office. The home has only been owned by one family since the late 40's. We contacted the man we bought it from and apparently there is nothing he can personally do to resolve this issue. The attorney who handles his estate is acting like he has no clue what's wrong and still hasn't contacted our local title office. What do I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. I recently purchased a home land contract. We have owned the home since may of this year. We applied for a home equity loan. When they did the title search, we have been told that our title is not valid due to the previous 2 owners not registering at the recorders office. The home has only been owned by one family since the late 40's. We contacted the man we bought it from and apparently there is nothing he can personally do to resolve this issue. The attorney who handles his estate is acting like he has no clue what's wrong and still hasn't contacted our local title office. What do I do?
Find a different attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">