• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

very bad situation in dire need of help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammystingray

I live in Ohio first off. The trouble is that my mom and dad went bankrupt, lost the house, and got divorced. This was awhile ago, but at the time my mother now had three kids, no home, bad credit, and needed to find a home. My grandfather said that he would put his name on a house for her, and it was understood that that would be his only role in helping. She gave him money to pay for it every month. The loan was a twenty year loan on a cheap fixer upper. About ten years into the loan, he decided to take out a second mortgage without her knowing, and then a few years later he took out a third mortgage. By the time she found out that the two years she had left to pay on a 27,000 dollar house was now a 30 year loan at 95,000 dollars, and well above the worth of the house, it was too late. They(my grandparents) used the money to buy new trucks, three pieces of property, and two boats. While they are living it up, my mom who is now 50, will never be able to pay off the house and she is crushed. I won't even speak to them now, and I can't believe family would do this out of greed. They paid the difference the whole time so my mom would not know what they did until their bills got out of hand for them, and they were in trouble. This tears at me every day, and they dropped the part where the house would be payed off incase of their death the last time they messed with it. My sweet mom that did everything for me and my brothers, has had her hard work, and pretty much her life, ruined by her own parents! Please tell me if something can be done to help her. We had a hard life where she had no job after the divorce and she worked at MCDonalds to feed us, she went back to school and became a nurse about 12 years ago, and through it all taught us morals and decencies while we watched her never give up. I am a 27 year old man now living with my girlfriend, but tears still pour out even now as I talk about it here. Does she have any options such as declaring them incompotent or liable in breaking a verbal agreement? Please help out here and I'm sorry it was so long.

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney for Mom and sue those people that call themselves parents.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 04-15-2001 at 12:36 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">