• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vesting and cloud of title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andyvelez

What is the name of your state? California

Hello, I inherited a property that been handed down the family with out going through a title company. I have my grandmother and her sister as joint tenants since 1948. My grandmother granted her 50% to My uncle in 1982. My uncle quitclaims it over to my Dad and Myself with a grantdeed in 1994. My dad passed away and I filed an affadivit of death as joint tenants. so as it stood it was my Dads at 25% my self at 35% and my Grandmothers sister at 50%. My dad did not have a will made out because he thought we were under Joint-tenancy and made it clear to the whole family that the propert would be going to me! I flew my great Aunt to sign a quitclaim to myself and it was recorded with the county! My dads 25% was transferred to my by the county. they requested a letter of intent and they transferred my dads portion to me. As it stands I am 100% percent owner through the taxes and the county. However, because of the transfers of title and the ca law in vesting I am not able to sell or refi My Dads and my home. My great aunt has never paid taxes since 1948 and never has claimed the home. I have paying the taxes on this home since 1980!. We went to court in 1994 due to an adverse possession suit and the court ruled in my Dads favor as owner of the title. My delima is I need an a sense of direction how to handle this. do I need an attorney can I file some forms on my own. do I need to go through probate although my father never left a will?

I need your help if you can.

Thanks,

-Andy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">