• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W-9 Form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssam

Our mortgage is in my parents name, however, I make the payments. I have proof to that, and with my parents permission I claim the property taxes for the end of year. My mortgage co has sent me a W-9 Form because my fathers social security number is on the loan, and it doesn't match mine when I claimed it on my taxes. I called the mortgage co and they said I should contact an attorney who could give me the form I need to fill out to add my social number for tax reasons. Can you please tell me what form it is I need and where I can get a copy of it from. Thank you for your assistance!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ssam:
Our mortgage is in my parents name, however, I make the payments. I have proof to that, and with my parents permission I claim the property taxes for the end of year. My mortgage co has sent me a W-9 Form because my fathers social security number is on the loan, and it doesn't match mine when I claimed it on my taxes. I called the mortgage co and they said I should contact an attorney who could give me the form I need to fill out to add my social number for tax reasons. Can you please tell me what form it is I need and where I can get a copy of it from. Thank you for your assistance! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact the IRS directly and ask them. The mortgage company should be the one to provide the requisite form to you since you have been making the payments and therefore need the form for tax purposes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">