• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want ex-wife out of my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xfiles

I let my ex-wife and her husband move into my house for awhile because they had no where to go. Now they refuse to move out, don't pay rent, no lease was ever mentioned or signed and they've been there 8 months. They're dogs destroyed all of my furniture and I'm sleeping on what's left of the couch. Can I call the police to have them put out without notice (even though I have repeatedly told them to get out). I live in Maryland.

T

Tracey

If her name is still on the title, you can't evict her. Were they supposed to pay rent? Is so, then they're tenants & you have to evict them & sue them for damaging the house. If they were never supposed to pay rent, they're trespassers & you can have them forcibly removed by police tomorrow. Be prepared to prove to the cops that she doesn't own any part of the house & that they are not tenants.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">