• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to move out but already signed lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keri24

I found this place from internet and it was nice. But becase I have some problems with my landlady so I want to move out but I've already signed lease until april next year.So I can't move out unless I can finnd someone to live instead. It was stated in the advertisement of this place that I have to share the bathroom with ine person which is my friend but last week my landlady moved her personal staff in our bathroom and share it with us. When a girl who want to sublet the room from me come to see the place, my landlady tour her around and told her that she has to share bathroom with my friend,her (the girl) and the landlady. And another point is that it was stated in the lease agreement that two keys are given to me,one for bedroom and one for house but I didn't get the bedroom keys and it also state that landlady doesn't responsible for stolen thing so please locked the door everytime but because my bedroom's knob can not be locked. I'm not sure that I can use these points to break the lease or not. I live in canada not USA.
How can I contact canadian tenant's right association? If you are the lawer who can give advice to me. Please help me.
If I can't find some one to sublet but I really want to move out, Am I obligate to pay the rent until the end if lease?

[This message has been edited by keri24 (edited October 20, 2000).]

T

Tracey

You'll have to consult a Canadian tenant's rights association to find out the specific laws. There is probably a law that requires the landlord to provide a locking door & a key to it, and prevents L from using your bathroom if the lease says it's only for 2 of you. Whether the ad is sufficient to say L breached the lease, I don't know.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">