• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty Deed with Vendor's Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcole6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas.

About 20 years ago my husband and I bought a piece of property which we paid off monthly to the previous owner. Real Estate documents were drawn up by the Real Estate people who sold us the property, i.e., a Warranty Deed with Vendor's Lien. This was paid in full several years ago but nothing was done further or filed at the courthouse. There is proof that this was paid off. My husband has now passed away and I am faced with getting a deed done and filed at the courhouse to show that I am now the owner of the property, which now has a house on it, our home. My husband's will left everything to me. And, the WDw/VL was in both our names.

My question is do I have to have the previous owner sign something before I can have a Warranty Deed done and filed at the courthouse. Do I have to probate the Will, in order to get the name on the new Deed in my name only? It is expensive to have the will probated and there is nothing to be transferred except the house because all the bank accounts and automobiles are in my name already. And there is nothing else to be probated and there is no one to argue about any of it. Please advise how to proceed with the Deed situation. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">