• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water erosion damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronjgannon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA
We recently purchased a house on an acre of land that backs up to land owner by the Bureau of Land Management. On the BLM land next to the property line (above our property) there is a man made fire road that is legally used by off road vehicles. The road is manmade and is cut into the side of a hill. It has 2 high and low spots in the road that angle away from the hill towards our property. During thunderstorms the water runs down the road to the low spots angling downward and creates a stream that runs down onto our property towards our garage. The erosion has undermined our supports for an entire side of our chain link fence and causes culverts in our dirt driveway. The problem originates on the BLM land and their response is that government bureaucracy will take years to resolve the issue, but that I could apply and pay for a permit to fix the problem on their land, which they will supervise. Seems absurd that I would have to pay them for the privilidge of fixing their problem. Information on how to probeed with similar case issues would be appreciated/What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA
We recently purchased a house on an acre of land that backs up to land owner by the Bureau of Land Management. On the BLM land next to the property line (above our property) there is a man made fire road that is legally used by off road vehicles. The road is manmade and is cut into the side of a hill. It has 2 high and low spots in the road that angle away from the hill towards our property. During thunderstorms the water runs down the road to the low spots angling downward and creates a stream that runs down onto our property towards our garage. The erosion has undermined our supports for an entire side of our chain link fence and causes culverts in our dirt driveway. The problem originates on the BLM land and their response is that government bureaucracy will take years to resolve the issue, but that I could apply and pay for a permit to fix the problem on their land, which they will supervise. Seems absurd that I would have to pay them for the privilidge of fixing their problem. Information on how to probeed with similar case issues would be appreciated/What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: their response is correct. Go to plan B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">