• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water interest, method to acquire????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G.S.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am privy to some water interest. It has three owners, two of them are listed at the county assessors office and are paying joint taxes. The third party is absent and that is the interest I would like to acquire. First and second party each have 30% interest. The third party is listed at the assessors office with the remaining 40%. The third party was a partnership of two individuals started in 1955. They did own a piece of property that was in the water agreement. They defaulted on a deed of trust and were only operating for one year. When they defaulted and transferred the deed back to the lien holder, the water interest was excepted from the deed so it no longer followed the property. That is the case as I have searched the records and it is not a description on the deed to the property that they once owned. It is kind of like a ghost, the partners are presumed dead as it has been 59 years and finding any heirs has been futile. Am I looking at a quiet title action, a quitclaim from any of the heirs, an action by adverse possession or is there some other means of acquiring unclaimed property. Need a little direction. Thanks G.S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">