• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

water rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cubbagegirl1

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I purchased property from a neighbor in March 1999. In my deed I was granted the right to take water from an existing reservoir through exsiting pipe for domestic one family use with the obligation to maintain the water line and water system so as not to diminish the water supply for others taking water from the spring and reservoirs located on such premises. In September of 2000 I filed bankruptcy and the owners of the property where the spring is located (also the owners of my mortgage on the property) cut off my water. I was without water for 8 1/2 months and my bankruptcy lawyer finally came to an agreement with them to hook me up to the spring from 10:00am until 4:00pm daily. I was in complete agreement to this as I live alone and that would be more than enough water for me. The problem is they have not kept to this agreement and I go several days at a time with no water. My bankruptcy lawyer says that there is nothing more he can do since it has been nearly two years and it won't seem as though they are doing it in retaliation for the bankruptcy now. What legal recourse do I have? I do not have money to put in a well, and I paid more for the property than it is worth because it already had water on it. Thanks.

FarmerJ

Until you are able to get this settled through a court . How deep would you have to go to hit water ? would you be able to drive a sandpoint your self ? large sandpoint sells for around 60 dollars up here . with cost of pipe and joiners and the cap that goes on the end while driving the point with a sledge If you didnt have to go too deep would give you water for under 200.00 including a hand crank pump . ( also this way you would have a emergency source of water as well should there be power failures )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">