• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water,water, everywhere etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ethel Lee

What is the name of your state? Mississippi. 30+ years ago a group of 5 families installed a water well. The well is on its last leg, so they are either making preparations to hook up to one of the community water systems in the county or have already done so. Three of the houses (due to family ties) had water lines running across each others land. Now due to the death of the family matriarch and other internal problems they are at odds with each other. The question is, "Does each household need to run their water lines from the main supply and avoid further problems or if they can get along with each other do they have the right to use existing water lines?" I think I answered my own question somewhere in here but would appreciate your replies if this merits one. Thanks.

FarmerJ

In Most places when new (city water) lines are run into a area to service homes a Main line will be run say along a road to provide Taps for individual meters to service each home . So that way if one party must be shut off for any reason (repair /nonpayment) it will have no effect on any other home . So called common taps (shared ) sewer or water lines in most places are obsolete. But your city/county government center can provide exact information about wether they will require new service lines or not .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">