• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waterline under easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

speonk

What is the name of your state? New YORK

my easement is for ingress and egress. the owner of the easement will not allow me to have an underground water line put under the easement to my house. my well is going dry and the owner of the easement said that for 20,000 he would allow it,since it is his land. What options if any do i have?
thank you..stan

HomeGuru

speonk said:
What is the name of your state? New YORK

my easement is for ingress and egress. the owner of the easement will not allow me to have an underground water line put under the easement to my house. my well is going dry and the owner of the easement said that for 20,000 he would allow it,since it is his land. What options if any do i have?
thank you..stan
**A: he is correct if the easement is only for ingress/egress. Hire an attorney and see if you can get an easement regardless.

S

speonk

easement upkeep

who is reponsable for the up keep of the easement,the owner of the easement or am i? the easement is full of potholes all the way to my property line. thank you

HomeGuru

Read your recorded easement agreement.
Generally, the beneficiary of the easement and the user maintains, and not the property owner.

S

speonk

upkeep

just says ingress and egress,nothing about upkeep and on my survey it shows it as a right of way,does that make any difference?

HomeGuru

Re: upkeep

speonk said:
just says ingress and egress,nothing about upkeep and on my survey it shows it as a right of way,does that make any difference?
**A: yes, it does. Now you need to seek advice from a local attorney in NY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">