• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wear & tear in Massachusettsw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clairekm

We moved out of a house we were renting for 5 yrs. July 4-5,2000. The land lord just notified us that we have to pay for the floors to be cleaned as well as the walls to be painted and pay for things that have broken due to long term use, and to have the house cleaned. We were tenant at will. Also, he is making us pay for damaged to the garage door, that was insalled about a year ago, which we never asked for, nor did we know he was going to do this. We never use the garage door, so we don't know why he did this. There is a dent in the garage door, by a car that is not major.
Please tell me what is our right are. I think it's all wear & tear.
Thanks!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clairekm:
We moved out of a house we were renting for 5 yrs. July 4-5,2000. The land lord just notified us that we have to pay for the floors to be cleaned as well as the walls to be painted and pay for things that have broken due to long term use, and to have the house cleaned. We were tenant at will. Also, he is making us pay for damaged to the garage door, that was insalled about a year ago, which we never asked for, nor did we know he was going to do this. We never use the garage door, so we don't know why he did this. There is a dent in the garage door, by a car that is not major.
Please tell me what is our right are. I think it's all wear & tear.
Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wear and tear is just that and does not mean ordinary broken/damaged. If something is broken/damaged by you then you are responsible even if you do not consider such damage major.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">