• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Weird and Sad Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tayhey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
Ok....this sucks to write this. Recently found out that my wife was having an affair. The affair was with a real estate agent and they would meet at houses that were for sale. I have to assume he scheduled a showing for each house as they would usually meet up during the week, usually in the evenings. Hate to sound like a jerk, but my family is a mess, and I am bit bitter. The agent is owner the branch co-owner of the nationwide real estate chain. Couple of questions 1) Can I sue the real estate for their agent/owner ruining my family and all the counseling bills that I am currently paying. 2) Who do I report this to? It has to be some kind of violation.

If you feel I am bitter...well I am. Not so much for me, but my 3 kids. I am not a bad person.

Proserpina

Ok....this sucks to write this. Recently found out that my wife was having an affair. The affair was with a real estate agent and they would meet at houses that were for sale. I have to assume he scheduled a showing for each house as they would usually meet up during the week, usually in the evenings. Hate to sound like a jerk, but my family is a mess, and I am bit bitter. The agent is owner the branch co-owner of the nationwide real estate chain. Couple of questions 1) Can I sue the real estate for their agent/owner ruining my family and all the counseling bills that I am currently paying. 2) Who do I report this to? It has to be some kind of violation.

If you feel I am bitter...well I am. Not so much for me, but my 3 kids. I am not a bad person.
1. No. The person you need to sue is your wife.

2. You can tell the real estate agent's boss if one exists, but nothing will happen and that's about the long and short of it.

justalayman

If Missouri has not abolished the tort of alienation of affection by now, they are surely on their way to do so. I have not researched the elements of such a claim since it is quite unlikely it would be able to be applied anyway.

While you have such disdain for this man, you do not seem to put any blame on your wife. Is she so pliable that any man could have their way with her simply by asking? I suspect not and she was a willing participant in the creation of the relationship. Due to that, maybe you should start with questions such as:

is this the end of out relationship, even if she discontinues the extramarital relationship? If so, then you need to start actions to end the marriage, in a business like manner. Emotions get in the way so get them out of the way.

If this does not end your relationship with your wife, then start the process of doing what it takes to move forward. A lot of counseling is likely in your future.

Being angry and bitter will serve you no benefit whether you choose to end the marriage or attempt to move forward in an attempt to save the marriage. There were two participants in that relationship. Your wife is not an innocent party here so do not put all the blame on the other guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">