• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can be done?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolphins4me7

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I am an 1/6000th owner of a place called Cloud 9 Ranch in Caulfield, MO. There are 3003 of us. We pay to purchase the membership and get a deed. We also pay yearly dues and usage fees.
We have 4 board members (of 7) that are not following the by-laws and/or contracts and this is going to cost us (the Ranch) many dollars.

Can you tell me what can be done about making these 4 board members pay for the law suits that will be brought against the Ranch? Some are already in the works.

The Board of Directors does have an attorney (that is also a Ranch owner) but they are either not following his advice or he is not giving them the proper advice.

They have fired the Ranch Manager with a majority vote (3 to 4) instead of a unanimous vote as required in his contract. He is suing the Ranch for his pay for the contract period, which was another 13 months. They have had to put an acting manager in place, so we are paying double for one job.
They have fired other Ranch employees and they will be suing the Ranch as well for wrongful termination.

We are afraid that these 4 board members are going to cause so much damage that we will lose the Ranch to court costs.
What can we do? Is a class action law suit the way to go? Or do we each have to file a suit against the 4 board members individually?

Please let me know what we can do.
Thank you,
Becky

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">