• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what deed form do i need to add a name to my house title?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robismyname

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Here is my situation.

Want to refinance my house but cannot due to poor credit. I bought 3 years ago with a 5% fixed rate.

The title is in my name only.

My mother whom is not on the title is willing to refinance the house in her name.

I need to add her to the title. What document do I need to change the title to both our names officially? warranty deed? quit claim deed? I need to get the from notarized?

FYI I already spoke to the bank and they told me that if i add her to the title that they can do the refinance in her name, provided that her credit is good and she has good income.

FlyingRon

Being on the title isn't like membership in some club. If you deed her the property (via whatever means, quit claim, warranty deed), you are GIVING her some or all of the property depending on how you word it. If you want to give her half the property, either form will be fine. Yes it should be notarized and then recorded at the county courthouse (or wherever you file land records in your jurisdiction). A lawyer can help draft the deed and do all the filing for a nominal fee. Otherwise you can do it with some of the canned legal forms advertised on this site. You still need to go find a notary and then find out how to file it.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Here is my situation.

Want to refinance my house but cannot due to poor credit. I bought 3 years ago with a 5% fixed rate.

The title is in my name only.

My mother whom is not on the title is willing to refinance the house in her name.

I need to add her to the title. What document do I need to change the title to both our names officially? warranty deed? quit claim deed? I need to get the from notarized?

FYI I already spoke to the bank and they told me that if i add her to the title that they can do the refinance in her name, provided that her credit is good and she has good income.
**A: FR is right. This is not a do it yourself project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">