• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I Do ????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TZO

:)NJ

I have a Question ? What can be done about My driveway that is 3 feet on the next store property? :( I bought my property 7 years ago. The neighbor :rolleyes: has said nothing about my driveway being on their property.Until now :eek: when the road was moved back. My Driveway has to be put back. :cool::cool: But now the neighbor has said not on their property.:confused::confused: But yet the driveway has been there since 1965. :rolleyes: What can I do?? Perspective easement ?? Or Adverse Possession? Or ?
There was a easement back in the 30s but when the property (Neighbors) was sold the easement was ended.But for the past 7 years the previous owner for 5 yr and the one before them also used the area 16yrs and before them 10yrs ?? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

rowz

From the tone and the content of your post, you would be best served by gathering up a copy of your Deed, the survey, tghe title insurance policy and any other evidence that you may have about the ownership of this property and getting an appointment with an attorney in your area that handles land use issues.

Good luck

HomeGuru

:)NJ

I have a Question ? What can be done about My driveway that is 3 feet on the next store property? :( I bought my property 7 years ago. The neighbor :rolleyes: has said nothing about my driveway being on their property.Until now :eek: when the road was moved back. My Driveway has to be put back. :cool::cool: But now the neighbor has said not on their property.:confused::confused: But yet the driveway has been there since 1965. :rolleyes: What can I do?? Perspective easement ?? Or Adverse Possession? Or ?
There was a easement back in the 30s but when the property (Neighbors) was sold the easement was ended.But for the past 7 years the previous owner for 5 yr and the one before them also used the area 16yrs and before them 10yrs ?? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: hire an attorney to look into a prescriptive easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">