• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do I do if not paid in full

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greekie

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
I sold a mobile home to an individual for $6250. He gave me a $100 deosit to hold the trailer for him until our work on it was complete. The agreement was that he pay half the remaining balance when the work was complete and the balance was due upon delivery. The set-up of the unit was seperate from the sale but he didn't want to be bothered with finding someone to do the setting-up so I agreed to handle it an additional cost of $500[which is the going rate]. He was informed that set-up included stabilizing and leveling, and hooking up the water and sewer lines,but had nothing to do with gas or electric.He paid $3000 after the work was complete and the balance of $3650 was due upon delivery and set-up,yet, after all was completed, I only received $2500 leaving a balance of $1150 unpaid. I still hold the title on the unit and he tells me he will give me $650 if I give him the title but he is going to hold $500 until the gas and electric is turned on and he will deduct the cost from the $500. That was not the agreement. Help!

HomeGuru

greekie said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
I sold a mobile home to an individual for $6250. He gave me a $100 deosit to hold the trailer for him until our work on it was complete. The agreement was that he pay half the remaining balance when the work was complete and the balance was due upon delivery. The set-up of the unit was seperate from the sale but he didn't want to be bothered with finding someone to do the setting-up so I agreed to handle it an additional cost of $500[which is the going rate]. He was informed that set-up included stabilizing and leveling, and hooking up the water and sewer lines,but had nothing to do with gas or electric.He paid $3000 after the work was complete and the balance of $3650 was due upon delivery and set-up,yet, after all was completed, I only received $2500 leaving a balance of $1150 unpaid. I still hold the title on the unit and he tells me he will give me $650 if I give him the title but he is going to hold $500 until the gas and electric is turned on and he will deduct the cost from the $500. That was not the agreement. Help!
**A: Negotiate a settlement; tell him to give you $250 and he keeps $250. Both of you are partly at fault here for not making the contract turn-key to include hookup of all utilities including gas and electric or statting in the contract that these items were NOT included.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">