• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is a "letter of good faith" - home purchase with 401k withdrawal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magandapakwan

What is the name of your state? california
i'm not sure of this stuff so i'll explain what you may know as if you don't know(?). i'm taking a hardship withdrawal from my 401k. in order for me to do this i must already have an outstanding loan from my 401k. due to miscommunication, my company took longer than i expected in sending the forms. i now have 2 more payments before my loan is paid off...preventing my withdrawal. anyway, nothing will be processed if the forms are incomplete or incorrect. i don't know what a "letter of good faith" is. i have asked about it and searched the internet, but haven't been able to find out what it means-in relation to 401k withdrawal for home purchase. any help is greatly appreciated. also, if i run out of time on my loan, is it possible to take out another loan to open the door(giving more time) for another opportunity at following through with the home purchase? thanks for your time,
-giovanni

HomeGuru

magandapakwan said:
What is the name of your state? california
i'm not sure of this stuff so i'll explain what you may know as if you don't know(?). i'm taking a hardship withdrawal from my 401k. in order for me to do this i must already have an outstanding loan from my 401k. due to miscommunication, my company took longer than i expected in sending the forms. i now have 2 more payments before my loan is paid off...preventing my withdrawal. anyway, nothing will be processed if the forms are incomplete or incorrect. i don't know what a "letter of good faith" is. i have asked about it and searched the internet, but haven't been able to find out what it means-in relation to 401k withdrawal for home purchase. any help is greatly appreciated. also, if i run out of time on my loan, is it possible to take out another loan to open the door(giving more time) for another opportunity at following through with the home purchase? thanks for your time,
-giovanni

**A: why are you asking us rather than the 401 K servicing company that is requiring the letter? Ask what the letter is, what is it for, the language that they need in the letter etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">