• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my legal options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

and3202

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Recently divorced in Forney, Texas and as part of the divorce decree I surrendered my interest in our home. My ex-husband was to seek re-financing and (court) ordered to remove my name from the loan. However, he has since run delinquent in payments which now reflects against my personal credit, which I am working to re-establish. Both our names guarantee the loan. The court order does not force Bank of America to remove my name, only my ex-spouse can initiate this process through re-finance, or sale. How can I stop his neglect from affecting my credit?

tranquility

Go back to court if you believe your Ex violated the court order. No court can order the bank to remove your name. It can order your ex to refinance or sell.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The only way to guarantee you don't take the credit hit is to make the payments yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">