• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights do I have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

ferraz61

Due to a gas emergency in one of the three attached buildings managed by our building corporation, the gas, hot water (and heat) have been turned off.

It has been three days that I have no access to hot water, and according to the information I was given, the turn off of the hot water and gas will continue at least for another week.

Do I have any legal rights since I am a tenant and not a shareholder of the building?

Could I get a rent credit for the days I have NO hot water?

Thank for any help.

_M. Ferraz

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ferraz61:
Due to a gas emergency in one of the three attached buildings managed by our building corporation, the gas, hot water (and heat) have been turned off.

It has been three days that I have no access to hot water, and according to the information I was given, the turn off of the hot water and gas will continue at least for another week.

Do I have any legal rights since I am a tenant and not a shareholder of the building?

Could I get a rent credit for the days I have NO hot water?

Thank for any help.

_M. Ferraz
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the actual problem and why can't it be fixed in one to three days? They can't find the problem, workers on strike, no parts available etc.? You could get some credit but not full credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">