• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats what with this one?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dixximoon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
My Dad,Aunt,Uncle all owner a home & land. No spouses names were on the deed just the 3 of them. My aunt died. Who owns the place now my Dad & Uncle or My dad,Uncle & her husband? Also My aunt & her husband owe IRS alot of money & they filed bankruptsy. It isn't a very good house just a 1967 3-4 bedroom block house that needs a roof & new well. My Dad & Uncle want to sell it & not even tell their sisters husband. Are they assuming they own it outright & maybe have a suprize waiting on them?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
My Dad,Aunt,Uncle all owner a home & land. No spouses names were on the deed just the 3 of them. My aunt died. Who owns the place now my Dad & Uncle or My dad,Uncle & her husband?
It depends on facts that you don't seem privy to.

Also My aunt & her husband owe IRS alot of money & they filed bankruptsy. It isn't a very good house just a 1967 3-4 bedroom block house that needs a roof & new well. My Dad & Uncle want to sell it & not even tell their sisters husband. Are they assuming they own it outright & maybe have a suprize waiting on them?
We would have no way of even guessing what they are assuming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">