• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When does MRTA start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyTampa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

This is the link to the MRTA law for Florida: http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/Chapter712/All

In several forum posts (elsewhere), people are saying that the expiration of CC&Rs expire 30 years from buying the home. They are claiming that some homes have expired and others have not. We've only been here approximately 20 years, but the home has been governed by them for over 30. My understanding of the page linked above is that they expire 30 years from the date the CC&Rs were created regardless of when the home was purchased. The page is not exactly clear on CC&Rs.

All of our governing documents are here: http://www.meahoa.com/lakeviewvillage/document-manage/efolder-view-dir.php

I've tried searching the county court records to see if the statement to preserve MRTA for our HOA was filed, but cannot find it. I believe it should have been filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court for my county. Could it be somewhere else or not published at all?

Based on my limited understanding of MRTA, I think our CC&Rs have expired. While the HOA performs a valuable service to the common areas, does that mean the CC&Rs no longer apply to my home?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

This is the link to the MRTA law for Florida: http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/Chapter712/All

In several forum posts (elsewhere), people are saying that the expiration of CC&Rs expire 30 years from buying the home. They are claiming that some homes have expired and others have not. We've only been here approximately 20 years, but the home has been governed by them for over 30. My understanding of the page linked above is that they expire 30 years from the date the CC&Rs were created regardless of when the home was purchased. The page is not exactly clear on CC&Rs.

All of our governing documents are here: http://www.meahoa.com/lakeviewvillage/document-manage/efolder-view-dir.php

I've tried searching the county court records to see if the statement to preserve MRTA for our HOA was filed, but cannot find it. I believe it should have been filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court for my county. Could it be somewhere else or not published at all?

Based on my limited understanding of MRTA, I think our CC&Rs have expired. While the HOA performs a valuable service to the common areas, does that mean the CC&Rs no longer apply to my home?
Your matter is very fact-specific. I would suggest that you consult with a local real estate attorney for assistance. Good luck.

AndyTampa

Did I make any comments about you? Why would you try to start a flame war over a simple question on a forum intended for questions? Is it your only purpose to tell people to go elsewhere for their answers?

How do either of your responses qualify as Free Advice on the Free Advice Forum? Don't you think asking a lawyer is the first thought someone has when looking for legal advice, but going to a "free forum" is less costly? Would asking general questions get me actual "advice" that would be specific to what I'm trying to find out?

Do you know about MRTA at all?

Zigner

Did I make any comments about you? Why would you try to start a flame war over a simple question on a forum intended for questions? Is it your only purpose to tell people to go elsewhere for their answers?

How do either of your responses qualify as Free Advice on the Free Advice Forum? Don't you think asking a lawyer is the first thought someone has when looking for legal advice, but going to a "free forum" is less costly? Would asking general questions get me actual "advice" that would be specific to what I'm trying to find out?

Do you know about MRTA at all?
Go pay an attorney to put up with your attitude.

No surprisingly, that was what you were told in your other thread too.

AndyTampa

Go pay an attorney to put up with your attitude.

No surprisingly, that was what you were told in your other thread too.
No, that is incorrect. I was told to stop asking for free advice on the Free Advice forum, just like you are doing now. You are the one with the attitude. If you don't have an answer to the question, then leave it unanswered. That was not an attitude, it was a request. I asked people who didn't have an answer to my question to not answer and people like you didn't like that. You weren't even part of that, so why attack me now? Let someone who knows about MRTA answer. You, like most of them, obviously aren't going to answer any of the questions asked, so drop it.

Zigner

No, that is incorrect. I was told to stop asking for free advice on the Free Advice forum, just like you are doing now. You are the one with the attitude. If you don't have an answer to the question, then leave it unanswered. That was not an attitude, it was a request. I asked people who didn't have an answer to my question to not answer and people like you didn't like that. You weren't even part of that, so why attack me now? Let someone who knows about MRTA answer. You, like most of them, obviously aren't going to answer any of the questions asked, so drop it.
Nobody's going to answer you for (at least) two reasons:

First and foremost is that your matter is best handled by an attorney, not a bunch of random strangers on the internet. Second is that your attitude stinks to high heaven.

AndyTampa

Nobody's going to answer you for (at least) two reasons:

First and foremost is that your matter is best handled by an attorney, not a bunch of random strangers on the internet. Second is that your attitude stinks to high heaven.
Like I said, I don't have an attitude. I have a question. Questions are the reason this forum was created. Your attitude about a conversation you didn't even participate in is evident by your vitriole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">