• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when to lein

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamwham2

texas,

i have a property that paid me one check in the beginning for the first few invoices. now the other invoices are getting way past due. some of the invoices havent reached the 30 day net due.

they are not returning my phone calls and that tells me i am going to have a problem

question: can i go ahead and give them 10 day demand letter to pay for the whole amount due, as well as put a lien on the property even though some invoices are not yet due?

thanks

HomeGuru

tamwham2 said:
texas,

i have a property that paid me one check in the beginning for the first few invoices. now the other invoices are getting way past due. some of the invoices havent reached the 30 day net due.

they are not returning my phone calls and that tells me i am going to have a problem

question: can i go ahead and give them 10 day demand letter to pay for the whole amount due, as well as put a lien on the property even though some invoices are not yet due?

thanks
**A: what the heck are you talking about?

T

tamwham2

hi there!

i want to put a lien on their property, can i lien the whole amount due to me of $3700.00, only $2500.00 is past due the rest will be due august 25th.

i want to motivate them by sending them a 10 day notice to pay or place the lien

can i go ahead a put a lien on them, say for august 10th even though some of the money isn't due until august 25th.

hopefully that's a little clearer.... i checked my spelling and double checked my grammer......:)

thanks, my homeguru, guru

T

tamwham2

You have lived in that "catatonic state" too long buddy. Your grammer maybe excellent but your sence of compassion is null and void. You do know what that means... right?

HomeGuru

tamwham2 said:
You have lived in that "catatonic state" too long buddy. Your grammer maybe excellent but your sence of compassion is null and void. You do know what that means... right?
**A: please tell everyone your highest grade level because it is exceedingly obvious by your spelling that you did not complete high school.
Even my old grammer said you have no common sence.
And contrary to your post, I do have compassion. Yes, I really, truly, deeply, madly feel sorry for you. I really do. You are a high school dropout with a grandiose need for attention and such attention was lacking when you were a child. You had a very hard life with bad luck and misfortunes along the way and took several wrong paths in life. I'll pray for you this morning at church.

JETX

Tam, no you cannot lien for amounts not actually overdue (even if they are due in the future). You can only lien for the current amounts owed.

Your post tells nothing of the specifics, but I assume you have completed work with some type of after-payment schedule. Is that correct?? If so, you might consider amending your contract to accelerate all amounts due in the event of breach... so that this situation doesn't arise again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">