• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where and what do I file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kitsters

I live in Austin, Texas and have a rental property (inhereted future retirement)in Llano Tx (LLano county) My tenant, moved out without notice, wrote me a bad check for $650 for last months rent and repairs exceeded the deposit by another $650
I just want to know what and where to start to recover these losses. The lease addresses the excess repairs and I'm sure the hot check is against the law. Please Help. Thanks

T

Tracey

If you know T's current address & SSN, file a complaint in small claims court for $650 rent + $1,300 repairs + late fees + NSF fee. After you win, garnish T's paycheck. (Make T ell you where he works during court.) File a complaint with the cops about the hot check. Theft by forgery, maybe?

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.
[email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">