• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is liable if tree damages neighbor yard (MD)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vernita

i live in baltimore md. i own a property that is subject to ground rent. due to hurricane isabel, a large tree branch fell into the neighbor's yard and damaged their fence and shed. since i only own the improvements not the land, i'm i liable for the damages or is the ground rent owner liable.

thank you

vernita

C

coosi

I guess with this weather, we'll be getting a lot of tree limb questions (that's 3 in about 24 hours!)

HomeGuru

vernita said:
i live in baltimore md. i own a property that is subject to ground rent. due to hurricane isabel, a large tree branch fell into the neighbor's yard and damaged their fence and shed. since i only own the improvements not the land, i'm i liable for the damages or is the ground rent owner liable.

thank you

vernita

**A: neither. Have neighbor file with his own insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">