• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who owns items left on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ThomasK

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I was looking to purchase a house in December. The sellers had a camper trailer on the property that I was interested in. I wanted them to through it into the deal, but they wanted $500 for it. I declined. I made an offer on the house anyway and closed on it in March. I took possession of the house and property on March 25th, and the camper trailer was still on the property. The seller made no statements about the trailer at time of closing, and I assumed that they had abandoned it. A month and a half later, I get a letter stating that they would be by to pick up the trailer that weekend. I told them that it was my trailer, that I considered it refuse left on the property and was therefore mine. I am now being summoned to court to pay $700 for the trailer. Who legally owns the trailer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">