• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is Responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maeling2000

westchester county new york. Purchased home 1999, 8wks ago neighbor questions property lines claims I'm on his property by 2 ft. title company,survey, closing atty. never mentioned a problem. Neighbor req. letter acknowledging I am on his property or he will remove my fence. Who do I call, what can be done, do I have any rights (perspective rights if I'm on his property), fence has been up more than 10 years, is the title company responsible to pay for fence removal & replacement? is this what it means to pay for title insurance?
Please help, need advice and where to turn.
lisa I.

HomeGuru

If you ordered a new survey in 1999 then call the surveyors to verify the boundary lines on the survey map. If you did not get a new survey then you need one.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">