• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is Responsible for Problems Discovered After Closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

staple1

What is the name of your state? Florida

I purchased a home in March this year. The seller's disclosure stated a known leak over the master bathroom air vent. No other leaks were disclosed. Since moving in there are several roof leaks. The company that fixed previously disclosed leak is a fly-by-night, and I cannot get them to come fix it. Is the seller responsible?

There are problems with the cooling system not getting enough air to several rooms, and noises coming from the a/c lines in the wall.

There is more to the story, and I am in the process of contacting a Real Estate Attorney. I just wanted to get some preliminary feedback on the above mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

JETX

Did you have a 'Structural and Mechanical Inspection' done on the property before you purchased???

If not, then the liability is yours.
If you did, then the liability might be the inspectors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">