• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who should pay for the road?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctrice

I live on a private lane which is gravel and has deteriorated over the last few years. The users consist of 8 single family home owners and approx. 10 mobile homes (all rentals owned by the same off site slum lord) around the bend hidden from view (thankfully) of the rest of the neighborhood. The issue is that the single family owners are more than willing to put in for road upkeep but the slumlord does not. The MH residents are the primary cause of the poor road conditions as they are always traveling up the road at high speeds throwing existing gravel to the sides and in the ditches. My deed and I am assuming the rest of the owners deeds state that $200 per year is to be put in for road upkeep but I am not sure that is binding as we do not really have a homeowners assiociation. Even so, the slumlord has no obligation through any deed I am sure. Can anything be done to force the slumlord to kick in for the road?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">