• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Two Closings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bass10lb

My Wife and I are in the process of trying to buy a parcel of land and a mobile home to put on it.

Last week we were called by the dealer, and told to come in for our closing. We went in on 10-11-00 signed what we thought were all the papers including the Contract to purchase and the loan agreement.

We were asked to do a recording after the closing to confirm what had taken place, what our mortgage was, what the payment was, what the interest rate and the terms of the contract were ect. We did this.

My Wife was also asked to talk by phone to both The Financial institute that gave us the mortage, and the insurance company that covered the property. She did so.

The Financial Institute covered the amount of the Loan, What the interest rate was, The length of the Loan, The Monthly Payment amount and the First payment due date, and even verified the new mailing address that they would sent the paymeent book to.

Needless to say We were very excited about having closed on our new home.

However on 10-16-00 We received another call from the Mobile Home Dealer Who told us we needed to be at another closing on 10-20-00 to meet with the representative from the title company to close on the land deal with the land owner. We made this closing also.

When this closing was past the part of the title deed and the necessary papers for this part of the closing, We were handed another purchase contract to sign, Which I refused to sign.

The numbers on this contract were entirely different from the one We had signed some 10 days previous, with an INCREASE in the monthly payment of over $98.00

We had already been given a first payment due date, amount of payment, and first payment coupon to mail in with our payment.

Can someone please tell me how these people can legally do this to us.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bass10lb:
My Wife and I are in the process of trying to buy a parcel of land and a mobile home to put on it.

Last week we were called by the dealer, and told to come in for our closing. We went in on 10-11-00 signed what we thought were all the papers including the Contract to purchase and the loan agreement.

We were asked to do a recording after the closing to confirm what had taken place, what our mortgage was, what the payment was, what the interest rate and the terms of the contract were ect. We did this.

My Wife was also asked to talk by phone to both The Financial institute that gave us the mortage, and the insurance company that covered the property. She did so.

The Financial Institute covered the amount of the Loan, What the interest rate was, The length of the Loan, The Monthly Payment amount and the First payment due date, and even verified the new mailing address that they would sent the paymeent book to.

Needless to say We were very excited about having closed on our new home.

However on 10-16-00 We received another call from the Mobile Home Dealer Who told us we needed to be at another closing on 10-20-00 to meet with the representative from the title company to close on the land deal with the land owner. We made this closing also.

When this closing was past the part of the title deed and the necessary papers for this part of the closing, We were handed another purchase contract to sign, Which I refused to sign.

The numbers on this contract were entirely different from the one We had signed some 10 days previous, with an INCREASE in the monthly payment of over $98.00

We had already been given a first payment due date, amount of payment, and first payment coupon to mail in with our payment.

Can someone please tell me how these people can legally do this to us.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It appears that one closing was for the mobile home and the other for thed. The difference in the payment amount is something that you need to ask the Seller and lender. Did you ask them WHY?

B

bass10lb

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
It appears that one closing was for the mobile home and the other for thed. The difference in the payment amount is something that you need to ask the Seller and lender. Did you ask them WHY?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes We did ask them why, and were told by the lot manager that there was no way that we could have already been given a payment or first payment coupon even though we had it in hand and showed it to him. We also showed him the loan contract that had been signed at the first closing showing the amount financed interest rate, and the whole deal. I personally think that he was just trying to bump us 98 bucks per month at the closing. Do you think I need to talk with a lawyer about dealing with this problem.

T

Tracey

If he's unscrupulous, you should probably just have a lawyer deal with him. He won't listen to you.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

L

Lynnette

It sounds like the first closing was for the purchase of the mobile home only. The second closing is for the land, which seems to belong to a different owner. This is probably because your "home" is not permanently fixed to the land. If you do not close on the second deal, you'll own a mobile home with no place to park it. Your real estate attorney should have explained this to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">