• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wierd Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carollakin

I live in CA. 3 years ago I purchased a home for my partner and I. For the three years my partner contributed min. and only worked for 8 months out of the whole time. The title is in both our names but the loan is completely in my name. (yes I am the bright one) We are no longer together after 8 years and I want to sell the house but the ex does not want this. What influnce/leverage does the title being half in my partners name have over this situation? Thanks for the help and not laughing too hard.

HomeGuru

carollakin said:
I live in CA. 3 years ago I purchased a home for my partner and I. For the three years my partner contributed min. and only worked for 8 months out of the whole time. The title is in both our names but the loan is completely in my name. (yes I am the bright one) We are no longer together after 8 years and I want to sell the house but the ex does not want this. What influnce/leverage does the title being half in my partners name have over this situation? Thanks for the help and not laughing too hard.
**A: other titleholder owns half of the property and therefore has a right to say no, I don't want to sell.
Then you must file for partition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">