• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong legal description of property on divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BugHogan

My husband and I just refinanced our house. The title company of course required the divorce decree that stated he got the house in his divorce from his first wife. Turns out the legal description in the divorce decree was drafted wrong by his lawyer and has to be fixed through the use of an addendum before we can completely close on this loan. Our question is, is this simple enough that we can do ourselves? We did draft the custody order for his two daughters and file it as well as the child support motion with no legal help so neither of us are strangers to legal paperwork. He finally tracked down the lawyer who wants a large sum of money to fix the problem that he created in the first place. Since my husband is laid off and I only have 3 weeks left before I am laid off as well, we are strapped for cash as it is. So if anyone has any advice on where to turn or whether or not a paralegal could be used in this case, we would greatly appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">