• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Young- with questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Greeneyes1003

What is the name of your state? FL, Keys

I bought a duplex about a year ago. I paid 159,000.00, but it is worth more than that, maybe close to 200,000.00 or slightly over.
I have heard about spliting the duplex and selling one half at a time, How do I do that? Will it be worth more or less? What about selling the whole place? Am I able to sell even though I have only had it for about a year? What kind of process happens when I sell? How much money do I get? A large sum or what? All of the costs of selling, inspection and lawyer and things like that Do I pay as I go or do they take it out of the large sum at the end?

Sorry for all the questions, But its the only way I know how to find things out....I am only 21 years old, So I am learning as I go.

Thank You

HomeGuru

Greeneyes1003 said:
What is the name of your state? FL, Keys

I bought a duplex about a year ago. I paid 159,000.00, but it is worth more than that, maybe close to 200,000.00 or slightly over.
I have heard about spliting the duplex and selling one half at a time, How do I do that? Will it be worth more or less? What about selling the whole place? Am I able to sell even though I have only had it for about a year? What kind of process happens when I sell? How much money do I get? A large sum or what? All of the costs of selling, inspection and lawyer and things like that Do I pay as I go or do they take it out of the large sum at the end?

Sorry for all the questions, But its the only way I know how to find things out....I am only 21 years old, So I am learning as I go.

Thank You
**A: first talk to a bunch of Realtors in your area. There are a lot of real good ones in the Keys. You can even email them. Then whatever they can't answer for ya, post back here in a couple of weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">