• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Zoning Symbol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindydem

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I am curious if anyone knows what it means when the city draws a triangle on the sidewalk, drives a nail through the center of the triangle, then writes the number "8" right below the triangle. Any ideas out there? I'm sure it has to do with zoning, but I can't find the meaning anywhere doing internet searches.

Thanks,

Cindy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindydem said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I am curious if anyone knows what it means when the city draws a triangle on the sidewalk, drives a nail through the center of the triangle, then writes the number "8" right below the triangle. Any ideas out there? I'm sure it has to do with zoning, but I can't find the meaning anywhere doing internet searches.

Thanks,

Cindy
My response:

The triangle is the international symbol for "Vampire buried below." Obviously, this is the eighth Vampire the city workers have killed.

Listen, call the city Department of Maintenance and ask them. Let us know when you know something.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Zoning Symbol

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

The triangle is the international symbol for "Vampire buried below." Obviously, this is the eighth Vampire the city workers have killed.

Listen, call the city Department of Maintenance and ask them. Let us know when you know something.

IAAL
**A: IAAL, in Oregon, that is a survey marker for the alien spacecraft landing named Deep Space 8. The symbol is a universal demark called Delta 8 not to be confused with Delta blues.

Last edited:
C

cindydem

:D Okay, I can see my post isn't a usual one and I've laid myself wide open. The vampire reference is a hoot and after re-reading my post I can see how it would be hard to resist. The city really did mark the sidewalk with this though and my elderly neighbor cannot get any info out of the zoning folks who she thinks did it. She's worried her bully of a neighbor is trying to claim part of her land. If it helps any, the triangle is orange.

If no one has seen one of these before, I'll try city maintenance as you suggest.

Thanks,

Cindy

C

cindydem

Thanks HomeGuru. A survey marker? Do you know what type? Do you think it might be a property line survey marker?

I appreciate your response...and sense of humor! It definitely is a very odd symbol that I've never seen before. But alien??....

Thanks again,

Cindy

HomeGuru

It amy be a marker for some sort of site utlity, traffic engineering etc. Contact the County engineering dept. or whomever owns the road and sidewalk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">