• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Zoning yard discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randa

What is the name of your state? Texas
Last year my small town decided that we needed a zoning committee and new zoning requirements. I have erected an Intel above ground pool in my front yard for the last 5 years without any problems until last summer. I found out that the new ordinance does not allow for my pool in my front yard or exterior side yard however I can have my pool in my back yard or interior side yard. This would not be a problem if my pool would fit in either place but it will not. My pool measures 24' x 4'6''. I asked for a variance last summer and was denied, but after the denial was published in the local paper I received numerous phone calls that assured me that the majority of the town had no objection to my pool being in the front yard. I just don't like being told what I can or can't put in my yard when my yard is fenced. What difference does it make if you use your front yard for entertainment rather than your back yard. Does this zoning ordinance remind anyone else about using the rear entrance, sitting at the rear of the bus, etc? Oh yeah, Halloween and Christmas globes were allowed in the front and exterior side yards.

FlyingRon

Such is life when you have to live with other people.

You're lucky they'll allow it in the unfenced back yard. Around here it is absolutely required to have an adequate barrier to protect wayward children who will find your pool an attractive nuisance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">