• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Hour Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ricosuave12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington DC

Hi. So I live in NE DC and I do on-street parking (I don't fee like paying the $185 a month garage fee). There's a street I have parked on for the past 3 months with no issues at all. The first half of the block is 2 hour parking w/meters. Than there's a no loading area (w/ two signs starting and ending the zone) in the middle. Than the remaining part of the street has no signs listed at all -- and this is where I have parked safely the past 3 months along with others. However, I came back one morning after leaving my car there for the past few days to see I have received two tickets for exceeding 2 hour parking. I think this is a case of an uninformed parking officer but I would like some feedback on how I can resolve this and avoid future tickets.

FlyingRon

Don't park in a residential parking zone for longer than 2 hours unless you are a resident. If you are a resident, apply for the decal for your zone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">