• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22500 (l) Cvc Blkg Disabled Sidewalk Access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dnien1

What is the name of your state? California

I received a parking ticket for the offense listed above. There are no markings so I never realised I was parking in violation of any code. What are the requirements for this to be marked. The CA CVC 22500 (l) states that parking blocking wheelchair access is a violation. Is there any defense against this? Also, they allow me to request a hearing in person or a hearing by mail, which should I choose?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't buy it.

CVC 25000(L) reads:
In front of or upon that portion of a curb that has been cut
down, lowered, or constructed to provide wheelchair accessibility to
the sidewalk.

So, you think it's ok to park in front of the lowered portion of the curb that is cut out for wheelchair access?

CdwJava

I received a parking ticket for the offense listed above. There are no markings so I never realised I was parking in violation of any code. What are the requirements for this to be marked. The CA CVC 22500 (l) states that parking blocking wheelchair access is a violation. Is there any defense against this? Also, they allow me to request a hearing in person or a hearing by mail, which should I choose?
The defense would be that you did not commit the violation you are accused of.

Your options for an appeal or a hearing should be listed on the citation. Or, the citation should have a number to call for that information.

- Carl

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? California

**A: go in person and plead your stupidity.

Dnien1

Options...Hmmm

I have to pay the fine of $300. If I want to contest it I have two options 1) written response submitted with the money or 2) request an in person hearing date.

I never noticed the sidewalk cut...my stupidity. It's in front of older apts and I assumed it was for a driveway that no longer exists since the area where the driveway would be is landscaped. There is another instance of the same driveway cuts, however, the distance is wider between the cuts. This one has a flower bed blocking the old drive. Anybody have any ideas for a defense or just a reduction in the fine amount.
Thanks,
Derek

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...I assumed it was for a driveway that no longer exists since the area where the driveway would be is landscaped. There is another instance of the same driveway cuts, however, the distance is wider between the cuts.
If that were the case, you could have been charged with violating CVC 22500(e)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">