+ Reply to Thread
    Dnien1 is offline Junior Member

22500 (l) Cvc Blkg Disabled Sidewalk Access

What is the name of your state? California

I received a parking ticket for the offense listed above. There are no markings so I never realised I was parking in violation of any code. What are the requirements for this to be marked. The CA CVC 22500 (l) states that parking blocking wheelchair access is a violation. Is there any defense against this? Also, they allow me to request a hearing in person or a hearing by mail, which should I choose?
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy it.

CVC 25000(L) reads:
    In front of or upon that portion of a curb that has been cut
    down, lowered, or constructed to provide wheelchair accessibility to
    the sidewalk.

So, you think it's ok to park in front of the lowered portion of the curb that is cut out for wheelchair access?
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnien1 View Post
    I received a parking ticket for the offense listed above. There are no markings so I never realised I was parking in violation of any code. What are the requirements for this to be marked. The CA CVC 22500 (l) states that parking blocking wheelchair access is a violation. Is there any defense against this? Also, they allow me to request a hearing in person or a hearing by mail, which should I choose?
    The defense would be that you did not commit the violation you are accused of.

Your options for an appeal or a hearing should be listed on the citation. Or, the citation should have a number to call for that information.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    What is the name of your state? California

**A: go in person and plead your stupidity.
    Dnien1 is offline Junior Member

Options...Hmmm

I have to pay the fine of $300. If I want to contest it I have two options 1) written response submitted with the money or 2) request an in person hearing date.

I never noticed the sidewalk cut...my stupidity. It's in front of older apts and I assumed it was for a driveway that no longer exists since the area where the driveway would be is landscaped. There is another instance of the same driveway cuts, however, the distance is wider between the cuts. This one has a flower bed blocking the old drive. Anybody have any ideas for a defense or just a reduction in the fine amount.
    Thanks,
    Derek
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    ...I assumed it was for a driveway that no longer exists since the area where the driveway would be is landscaped. There is another instance of the same driveway cuts, however, the distance is wider between the cuts.
    If that were the case, you could have been charged with violating CVC 22500(e)