• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 days to pay then WARRANT FOR ARREST on parking ticket???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

entouragefan999

NY STATE.

I was in Norwich NY visiting a friend till about 5am. i was parked right outside his house in the street. apparently you cant park in the street between 2am and 6 am (which is not written ANYWHERE). Fine. I get the ticket and put it in my pocket. About a week later I decide to get around to paying it and figured the price would go up. I read it goes up after 3 days... weird, but times are tough I guess. Then I read that after 3 days A WARRANT FOR MY ARREST will be issued!!! HOLY SH*T!? Seriously? Is this even possible?

I am completely dumbfounded. I want to go in to pay the ticket but I don't want to get ARRESTED DOING IT!!!

What the hell do I do?

Banned_Princess

Could you mail in the ticket and check?

All parking ticket payments should be paid to the Norwich City Chamberlain at the address listed below.
Norwich City Chamberlain
One City Plaza
Norwich, NY 13815
Telephone: 607-334-1230

If you received a summons to appear in court, please see below for additional information.

If you contest/dispute the ticket, a trial will be scheduled and you will need to appear in person for the trial. Not guilty pleas must be in writing and mailed or delivered to the Court together with a copy of your ticket.

If you have received a Summons to appear in Court, payment must be made to the Norwich City Court. The amount due is indicated at the bottom of the summons. Failure to pay or appear will result in an arrest warrant being issued. If an arrest warrant is issued, the fines will increase to $100.00.
http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/6jd/chenango/norwich/parking.shtml

So you are talking about ignoring a summons to appear, and now are surprised they will issue you a arrest warrant?

You can go vacate the warrant, and bring the money with you, as well as the extra fine money. If you come to pay a ticket, your not going to be arrested. they just want their money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">