• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

80.56 mc los angeles parking ticket passanger loading white curb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California los angeles ...
80.56 mc los angeles is what the parking ticket says.
i was parked at a passenger loading 15 or 5 minute white curb zone at 9pm in the eve, the regular parking sign for the block says 1 hour parking 8am to 6pm. Also i believe the painted curb and sign posted at the curb were home made is there a way to check that it really was a passenger loading zone? TIA

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California los angeles ...
80.56 mc los angeles is what the parking ticket says.
i was parked at a passenger loading 15 or 5 minute white curb zone at 9pm in the eve, the regular parking sign for the block says 1 hour parking 8am to 6pm. Also i believe the painted curb and sign posted at the curb were home made is there a way to check that it really was a passenger loading zone? TIA
The section is here:

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/California/lamc/municipalcode/chapterviiitraffic?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:lamc_ca$anc=JD_80.56.

You can check with the city streets department and find out whether they authorized the paint job, but if the city had the curb painted and a sign posted, chances are really good that they authorized it and it was not some local curb rogue.

It sounds like you were in violation. But, you can always challenge it and plead for mercy with the hearing officer or panel that is assigned to hear your claims.

toady

thanks! the only sign posted was down the block that said 1 hour parking 9 to 6 and a 5 minute parking seems strange, and what that has to do with 9 pm at nite i dont know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">