• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

9am parking enforcement, 8:50am ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tboy111234

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

Parking enforcement was listed as starting at 9am -- when I went to the car to move it, I saw the ticket written at 8:50am (machine type, not hand-written).

This is a no-brainer defense, isn't it?

When I contested by mail, the category of basis for defense was not properly transcribed and was rejected. I took a photo of the ticket (which I had to mail in) and still have it.

Now they say my only option to contest is to bring it to civil court. Am I missing something, if enforcement starts at 9am and the ticket is written at 8:50am, they can't prove that I was in violation...right?

Thanks in advance

patstew

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

Parking enforcement was listed as starting at 9am -- when I went to the car to move it, I saw the ticket written at 8:50am (machine type, not hand-written).

This is a no-brainer defense, isn't it?
Apologies for the late reply, I was on a Caribbean cruise :)

It depends on the violation. For instance, in my city parking enforcement officers start at 9 am as well, but patrol officers have been giving out tickets all night for various reasons.

What did they say when you called them?

AlanShore

Apologies for the late reply, I was on a Caribbean cruise :)

It depends on the violation. For instance, in my city parking enforcement officers start at 9 am as well, but patrol officers have been giving out tickets all night for various reasons.

What did they say when you called them?
Why would you reply to a thread thats been dead for over two weeks?
You think the op stills checking back...
The threads asked and answered.

AlanShore

Two weeks is very long, the op will never even see the thread again.
And your advice was no where near significant enough to post on a 16 day old thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">